And was also published in the Happily Hooked Magazine May 2018 issue which is also available on Ravelry!
Tips and Tricks are getting posted here!
- # 1 - the Yarn! Category 1 - What is it? What can I use?
- # 2 - the Gauge Sample Swatch and practicing Hook-Led gauge to keep your tension consistent.
- # 3 - Pineapple Peasant Top Row 1: Learn and practice the FSC (foundation single crochet) for the neckline and not getting it twisted
- # 4 - Pineapple Peasant Top Rounds 5, 6, and 7: Things going in between the shells! And managing those tall tr stitches.
- # 5 - Pineapple Peasant Top Rounds 8 through 12 - The Pineapple!
- # 6 - Pineapple Peasant Top Rounds 13 through 19 - Wider Pineapples!
- # 7 - Pineapple Peasant Top Round 20 - Split for Sleeves (magazine version)
- # 8 - Pineapple Peasant Top - Rounds 20 and 21 - Split for Sleeves (my Ravelry version)
- # 9 - Pineapple Peasant Top Rounds 21 through 27 and ending - repeat those pineapples!
- # 10 - Pineapple Peasant Top - go back and add to those sleeves if desired
- #11 - get your project on Ravelry!
The design has QUITE a bit of natural stretch due to the open lacy design! Here are the sizes as published in my Ravelry Store and in Happily Hooked Magazine:
- XS/S – finished width = 32 inch bust/waist/hip unstretched, stretching easily to 34+ inches.
- M/L – finished width = 39 inch bust/waist/hip unstretched, stretching easily to 41+inches.
- L/XL – finished width = 45 inch bust/waist/hip unstretched, stretching easily to 47+ inches.
To use the Category 1 weight yarn, here are the modifications you will need to make for the 2X/3X size.
Jackie, one of the Happily Hooked Magazine CAL group members, reports that she made this size, with the Woolike Loops & Thread yarn, and used most of 2 skeins for this size.
It’s basically just the starting Row that changes, and then everything else follows as written. I’ve included the ending stitch counts for the first several rounds just as a help. Again, I have not actually worked this size myself, but feel confident these changes are sufficient.
- 2X/3X – finished width = 52 inch bust/waist/hip unstretched, stretching easily to 54+ inches.
Rnd 2: 78 hdc + 78 ch-1 spaces
Rnd 3: 156 sc
Rnd 4: 26 shells
Round 5: 52 ch-3 spaces.
Round 6: 78 ch-3 spaces.
continue as pattern indicates
Split for Sleeves
Place 1 stitch marker through both ch-2 spaces of 1st and 6th shell for the 1st Sleeve.
Place 1 stitch marker through both ch-2 spaces of 14th and 19th shell for the 2nd Sleeve.